Labels

Friday, April 26, 2013

Heath Toffee Cake

I always make this cake when I get together with Brad's sisters.  It brings out the happy in all of us.  The sweetened condensed milk carmelizes as it oozes down into the warm cake.  I use fat free s/c milk (I've used the reg before and it makes no difference in taste) and as always, I use light whipped topping.  

Heath Toffee Cake
1 devils food chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8-oz) whipped topping
2 Heath or Skor candybars, crushed

Make cake according to directions on box.  Once the cake comes out of the oven, immediately poke holes all over it by sticking a knife all the way down and twisting a little.  Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk onto the hot cake and it will slowly filter down into the holes and a bit over the edges of the cake.

Let cake cool, spread whipped topping over it, then sprinkle crushed candybars over top.  Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment