Labels

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Energy Bites

If you are on Pinterest, chances are you've seen these.  If not, I'm sharing them with you now!  These little guys are my new favorite snack.  My kids LOVE them, I LOVE them and they are so very good for you.  Give them a try--they taste a bit like the no-bake cookies!  You can find all ingredients at Winco in the bulk area or you can find them at a health foods store.


Energy Bites
1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes 
(I toasted my own in a pan on the stovetop)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup whole wheat bran
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together.  Form into 1 1/2 inch balls.  Keep in an airtight container.  

This recipe is just a starter--you change it up and add all types of things you love like craisins, raisins, mini chocolate chips, etc.  You could even substitute almond butter for the peanut butter.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment