Labels

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Savory Dipping Oil

I am an Idaho girl--raised on a farm.  Then I married, and moved to a far away land called Houston, where my world of food was discovered.  My co-workers took me to a Whole Foods Market one day during our lunch hour and I was AMAZED that this many different foods existed. 


It was in Houston I first tried dipping oil with artisan bread.  It's a divine little treat and this recipe calls for ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. 

Most grocery stores now carry artisan bread and if not, they have french bread or baguettes.  I made this the other day and my kids were gobbling it up so fast I had to make them go to bed so I could have 
 some.  Be sure to get a few of those tasty bits on your bite of bread--not just the oil.
 
Dipping Oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced

Combine ingredients into a bowl and wisk to combine.  Microwave for 1 minute, wisk again.  Serve with a crusty artisan bread.

Ingredients are very forgiving, so if you like more vinegar, garlic, or steak seasoning, add it!

1 comment:

  1. Sah-weet! We get free bread from the bagel store all the time and dip it in balsamic and olive oil. We'll have to try it with the other ingredients. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete