Labels

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes

Generally, I'm not a fan of pancakes. Most kinds I've had turn into a pile of mushy goo within seconds of adding syrup. My father-in-law makes sourdough pancakes that my whole family loves--it requires keeping a start and mixing up the night before. Too much commitment on my part.

This recipe is very close in taste and texture to the sourdough pancakes. It calls for 1 cup buttermilk, so I buy a quart and it lasts in the fridge for a month or so for Saturday breakfasts. All other ingredients are always on hand.
This recipe makes approx 12 pancakes. Easy to double or triple.

Buttermilk Pancakes
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt

Add ingredients into a bowl in the order given and wisk together. Let mixture sit for a few minutes while you heat up your pan or griddle. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter and pour onto hot griddle. When pancakes are bubbled on top, it's time to flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment