Labels

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oven Ham Sammies

I don't make big Sunday dinners very often. My reason: I'd like a day off. I cook most days and Sunday is my nap day. If I make a huge meal on Sunday, it makes a big mess in the kitchen. Which means I either skip a nap, or wake up from a refreshing nap to dishes and pans caked in nastiness. Either way isn't pleasant.

Here's another confession: I hate making grilled cheese sandwiches. For some reason the process gets on my nerves. Either the bread gets too toasted, or the cheese doesn't get melted enough. Grrrr.

So here's a solution to both making a delicious Sunday dinner, and including hot melty sandwiches. We love to dip them into creamy tomato soup . . . a can of soup with milk added. Gourmet, right?

These little devils are super fast to whip up. They don't need any mayo, mustard or spread of any kind. You fold your ham in half and in half again, put it on the bun. Top with cheese folded in half, and the other half of the bun, throw it in the pan. It takes about 2 minutes. Then make your topping, which also takes about 2 minutes. I did this before church today and then threw them in the oven while we heated the soup. It was lovely. And it only created 2 dirty pans.

Oven Ham Sammies
12 slices ham
6 slices swiss cheese
(use 1/2 slice each roll)
1 package King Hawaiian Rolls (12 count)
1/2 cup butter, melted

2 tsp onion flakes
1 tsp poppy seeds

1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground mustard


Put ham and cheese between sliced rolls. Mix all other ingredients and spoon over sandwiches. Let set overnight or a few hours. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment