Labels

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Corn Chowder

Honestly . . . I was a bit skeptical when someone brought me this chowder.  I have texture issues and I always hated creamed corn.  I took a leap of faith and tried it--delish!  This recipe makes a great freezer meal (store in a 1 gal. ziploc bag)--so be sure to double for an easy meal another day.  Sometimes I throw in a can of chopped green chili.



Corn Chowder
1 lb. frozen hashbrowns
1 can creamed corn
1 can corn (with liquid)
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
12 oz. slices bacon, chopped & cooked

Combine all ingredients in a 4 qt crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge before placing in the crockpot.


No comments:

Post a Comment