Labels

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rhubarb Cobbler

I realize that rhubarb isn't in season right now.  But if I don't post these pics now, who knows if I'll ever find them on my hard drive again!  Besides, I planned ahead and froze rhubarb all chopped up and in 6-cup increments just so we could enjoy this recipe all winter long.  This recipe comes from a wonderful lady named Nadine.  I'll love her forever for this recipe and for sharing her rhubarb!   

 I posted a few pics below of the process.  Don't be alarmed when it looks like an insane amount of crumble on top--it IS an insane amount of crumble.  And it makes this cobbler absolutely divine.

Rhubarb Cobbler

6 cups chopped rhubarb
4 Tbsp flour
2 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar

Topping:
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar packed
1 1/2 sticks butter

In a bowl combine rhubarb, flour, eggs and sugar.  Pour into baking dish.

With a pastry blender, combine topping ingredients.  Pour over rhubarb mixture.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.  Let set up for 20 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment