Labels

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Country Style Ribs

I always see the country style boneless ribs on sale at the store, but I've never bought them because I had NO idea what to do with them.  While doing inventory in my freezer the other day, I found some that came with our pork we purchased.  I thawed them and trimmed the excess fat.  And then I googled recipes.  Every recipe called for lots of steps and a heated oven and a grill and boiling water.  Ugh--it's nearly 100 degrees outside and we don't have air conditioning.  

I did my own little number on these ribs and the result was completely delicious.  The ribs had great flavor and they were tender enough to melt in your mouth.  Give it a try sometime and your family will probably leave you with no leftovers.  : )

Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs
1 package of ribs (I actually used 2)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1 cup bbq sauce

Trim excess fat from ribs.  Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Spray a skillet or pan with cooking spray and quickly sear the meat on all sides--which means you cook it for a minute or so until it starts to get golden brown.  You don't want to cook them through, just get some good color.

Place browned ribs into crock pot.  Add 1 cup bbq sauce.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment