Labels

Sunday, July 15, 2012

7 Layer Dip

I realize most of you probably know this recipe by heart.  But since I'm doing this blog for me and to hopefully print out for my kids someday, I wanted to include it.  I make this recipe for parties, for guests, and for something to snack on in the summer or during holidays.  We love it and it's not completely unhealthy--I use light sour cream.  : )


Seven Layer Dip
1 can refried beans (14 oz size)
2-3 avocados
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
lime juice
garlic salt
16 oz. sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
2 tomatoes, diced
2 green onions, diced
olives, diced

In a 9x13 pan, spread the beans in one layer.  In a bowl, combine avocados, mayo, a dash of lime juice, and a sprinkle of garlic salt.  Mash to combine, then spread over top of bean layer.  You can buy pre-made guacamole in the store . . . but don't.

Spread sour cream over top of guacamole layer.  Top with the layer of cheese, then sprinkle tomatoes, onions, and olives.

Refrigerate, then serve with tortilla chips.  Also a scoop of this makes a great addition to tacos if you don't want to mess with separate toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment