Labels

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fruit in a Cloud

This salad is a crowd pleaser and most often it's the first bowl emptied at get togethers.  The recipe comes from my husband's family.  It's so fresh, yet sweet and creamy it almost doubles as a dessert!

 While I'm sure you could do many variations on this salad, my tried and true fruits are: strawberries, bananas, kiwi, and peaches.  I use canned peaches and pat them with a paper towel so they don't make the salad runny.  The secret ingredient I've added to the faves is huckleberries.  But I realize most of you don't have access to those, so they weren't included in my original fruit pic.

Start by combining the yogurt with the dry pudding mix.  Blend with a hand mixer for a minute or so until pudding is dissolved.  Stir the cool whip into the yogurt mixture.  Then toss in fresh fruit.
 Gently fold fruit into "cloud" mixture.  Serve immediately or you can chill for an hour or two. 

Fruit in a Cloud
1 large carton vanilla yogurt
1 large box vanilla pudding mix
1 8-oz cool whip
1 lb strawberries
2 bananas
2 kiwi
1 peach

Beat yogurt and dry pudding mix together for 1 minute.  Stir in cool whip.  Cut up all fruit into bite size pieces, then fold into yogurt mixture.  Serve immediately or you can chill and serve later.

No comments:

Post a Comment