Labels

Monday, March 5, 2012

Oatmeal - love it or hate it?

Contrary to what you see on this blog, I do eat a bit of healthy food each day!! This post isn't really much of a recipe, but it is an idea, so I am posting it.

I happen to really like oatmeal. My kids, however, hate it. Then I had a great idea to combine two of my favorite breakfast items, one of which my kids DO like: Oatmeal and Yogurt.
The other morning I made this for myself and I made my 7 and 8 year olds each take a bite. They held their noses and reluctantly tasted. The verdict: I was immediately asked to make up two bowls so they could each have their own. They love it!

I use the quick oats so they aren't quite as healthy, but it's that or nothing around here. Mama's busy with babies.

Oats and Yogurt
1/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup water
1 container yogurt

Combine oats and water. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir in yogurt and serve.


Try this out--even if you hate oatmeal. Unless you hate oatmeal AND yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. Umm...I am not sure about this one. But, I have yet to make something you've recommended and not like it. So, I'll give it a try. [I like yogurt. I like oatmeal. It's worth a test run.]

    ReplyDelete