Labels

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Banana Cream Pie

I've just come to a realization--it's possible I have an addiction to desserts in a 9x13 pan. Typically Banana Cream Pie is well, a pie. But not for me. I guess I like the idea of square desserts!
I made this for Valentine's Day since one of my valentines doesn't care for chocolate. As you can see, though, I found a way to work some chocolate onto my piece!! This recipe makes pie for a crowd. It's also possible to make this super low fat. I've found my family doesn't taste a difference between regular pudding and the sugar free when it's in a layered dessert. You can also decrease or omit the butter in the crust and use bigger chunks of cracker for the base. And I always use lite cool whip.

Banana Cream Pie
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp melted butter
4-5 bananas, sliced into thick circles
1 large box banana cream pie pudding mix
2 1/2 cups milk
1 8-oz cool whip

Mix together graham cracker crumbs with sugar, then toss with butter. Pat into bottom of 9x13 pan. Mix together pudding mix and milk, then set aside. Arrange sliced bananas over top graham cracker crust. Pour set up pudding over top and spread evenly. Spread cool whip over top pudding. Chill for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment