Labels

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Southwest Chicken Chili

My friend, Angela, shared this recipe with me. So good to eat, so good to your figure!! My family ate every last bite of this pot of chili. I took out some for Alyssa before I added the cheese at the end.
Again, I used leftover turkey. I'm sorry, it's soup season in Idaho, so you'll have to bear with me in my soup phase.

Southwest Chicken (or turkey) Chili
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil + 1/3 cup olive oil
3 cups cooked and cubed or shredded chicken
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano or italian seasoning
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2 cups drained Great Northern beans
1 (4oz) can diced green chilis
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Saute onion and garlic in 3 Tbsp olive oil on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook together for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes. I let it stand on the stove another 20 minutes and it thickened up quite a bit.

You could even freeze this and pop it in the crock pot on a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment